What Happened to Me?

That’s him although he is bigger now.

I can’t believe November went right by and I didn’t write a thing.  Actually it was a terrible month.  I started out by resting after that long tangent on breast cancer.  That is definitely my soap box, and then I had to get through the holiday. If you’ve read my blog holidays are not the television fun filled happy time for me.  Not sure why but darkness descends until after the new year.

I must say that Thanksgiving went well.  I actually had a great thanksgiving because I decided to not let my mood get in the way of my happiness.  I cooked and family came.  It turned out nice for all.

Then the worst of the worse happened.  I was hit by a high speed racing pitbull named Hudson.  There we were out for a nice walk with Tessie, I was babysitting the brute and decided to let him run off leash because the sun was shining and we were in a glorious mood.

Big mistake on my part.  It was like getting hit by a small car.  The big dumb ass ran right into me like a football player wanting to take down the quarterback.  It was awful.  I felt horrendous pain, heard three pops, and went down with a scream.

He is a sweetheart.

Let me say I could not believe this dog slammed right into me.  He is not blind  (one of my co-workers asked that) but he is stupid.  At least this time.

There I was out in this big field with two big dogs running lose and playing like nothing was wrong, and me laying there crying sure I had broken my leg.

I have never felt pain like that, never.  I have had babies, cancer, a hysterectomy, and other surgeries, and never have I felt so much pain.

I won’t go into all the details because there are so many, let me just say that I was able to round up the dogs, hobble to my car which was a long distance away, drive home, and get my daughter to take me to the emergency room where I cried like a baby.

After being hit by this small car/dog I was left with an injured left ankle, several small fractures on  my tib/fib, left knee mcl tear, probably broken ribs although the orthopedic didn’t do RIBS, a bad left hip, and my back hurts. It was two weeks of terrible pain everywhere and lots of tears.  I had flash backs of the hit I took.

I said I was sorry.

That was just over two weeks ago, and I will be returning to work on Sunday because I am going crazy.  It’s nice to sit home when you want and do fun things, but an enforced restriction is no fun.  I have made ten hats and five survival bracelets.

I either had to sit in my chair with my leg elevated on the foot rest, or go to bed.  I slept 12 hours a day just so I didn’t have to feel the pain.

For anyone out there suffering as well all I can say is it will get better.  I am very glad that I don’t need surgery, and that with a brace I can return to work.  I lose money not working due to no shift differential, and  I lose not working weekends.  As to all the pain I just have to bare it and let things heal.

I’m sure I will have pain for several months but I will be okay.  I am definitely going to be a little frightened of falling again.  You can get through your shit as well.  We just have to take it a day at a time, whether we like it or not.  The option is no more days and I don’t want that.  I want lots more days.

So take care of you, I will be fine, and take time to enjoy today any way you can.  You and I deserve it.

You can have my toy.





About krissy

I am amazed by life, mostly the world of animals, nature, and things around us. People not so much. Oh, they amaze me. And, I see them. But it is the other things I reach for in a time of stress. And if I am lucky I have my camera handy..
This entry was posted in blog therapy, Health stuff and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.